I was nominated by Mew for the Travel Tag ! Thank you so much for thinking of me for this. I was so exited to do it since I’m a big travel lover, I just needed to have some free time because when it concerns travelling, I have a lot to say.
– A bit of context : my mother is Colombian, my father is French. I was born in France, and my first flight to Colombia was when I was barely a month old, I can’t remember it of course. My mother told me they used to put me into a cardboard box on the plane, next to my parent’s feet. Then when I was four, we went to live to Peru until I was eight. My maternal language is officially Spanish, but I speak French better since I’ve been living in France for 16 years now.
Aside from that, I’ve lived in Spain, and I’ve been to many other countries
(such as UK, Germany, Bulgaria, Italy, Belgium, Japan…)
Now the tag !
I’ll answer to Mew’s questions, and nominate a few people to do the tag 😊
• What is your favourite place that you have visited?
My favourite place that I travelled to is definitely Japan 🗾⛩️
I went twice, 15 days both times. The first time I was with an organized photography group with my sister (she’s a photographer, I’m not, I kind of invited myself).
And the second time was last September, we went with my sister again but also with friends and our cousin.
I’ve been to many cities there, Tokyo of course, but also Kyoto, Osaka, the Miyajima island (where you can pet deers), Hiroshima, and the Koyasan mountain.
There is so much to tell !
Should I make some posts about my travels to Japan ? 🇯🇵
• If you could visit anywhere tomorrow where would you go?
Since my goal is pretty much to visit every country of this world, I might choose to go to a country with closed borders, like North Korea, since I don’t even know if I will actually ever get the authorization to enter the country. But to be realistic I guess I would just go back to Japan, I love it so much !
• Would you rather go on a city holiday or a beach holiday?
Honestly, I don’t really care as long as it’s a different country. In my own country I might prefer going on a beach holiday though, because I already live in a big city. But in other countries, that’s not what I care for when I travel, I want to see different places.
I also don’t care, because two cities can be so different from each other, for example here are two cities from Spain, Granada and Zaragoza :
You can see that they’re both cities from the same country, but they’re not the same at all.
Another thing, cities can be waaay less urban than a beach hotel, here is a perfect example with these two places in Colombia, Timbío and Taganga :
So in the end, be it a city or a beach holiday, I just want to see something new and different from my own home.
• My top three holiday essentials are…
- My camera, or my phone : anything that can take pictures, to bring memories back home 📸
- A currency app, so I can be able to know exactly the price of whatever I buy. This helps me to avoid overspending or restraining me too much when it’s not needed 📲💵
- A cute and practical backpack, to carry everything everywhere !
• Are you an over packer or an under packer?
I’m definitely an under packer. I take everything I need regarding hygiene and care products, but about clothes I always take as little as possible, so I can bring back as many souvenirs as possible from the place I’m going to !
And if I don’t bring anything back, It’s pleasant to go home with a light luggage on my way back !
• What is your favourite thing about going on holidays?
As I said a bit earlier in this post, what I find interesting when I travel is difference. Different cultures, that carry their history in their everyday life. This here, was my first breakfast in Japan 🍚 :
Rice and seaweeds, miso soup, roots, pickled plums, the sausage and pastry were there to please the tastes of tourists, not any Japanese person at the hotel had one of those on their plate. They only ate all of the rest, and some fish too, but that was too much for me to be honest.
Another different dish, from Colombia this time, it’s a Bandeja Paisa 🥑:
Beans, Avocado, mashed banana wafer, pork rinds, beef meat, a sausage, an arepa (a kind of corn pancake). This is a children portion. No I didn’t finish it.
Different cultures mean different foods, but also different ways of dressing :
And overall, just different ways of living, different homes, with their own habits.
• Would you rather go on holidays with family or friends?
I would rather go with friends. I always go with my family when I go to Colombia (because we always go to visit my family, obviously), but other than that I’ve always preferred to travel as an “adult”, deciding where to go, when to go, and with whom. The nice part when you go with friends, it’s that you can also party during your holiday ! 🎉
• What is the most adventurous dish you have ever tried from another country?
This question is tricky for me, because being from France and Colombia, I’ve pretty much eaten every disgusting looking dish that is known from both countries. I’ve had Escargot (snails), frogs, smelly rotten looking cheeses. But also Guinea Pig from Colombia, and grilled Ants.
So really, even in Japan I didn’t eat anything that was as daring as those !
• Who do you want to do this tag
Anyone that wants to do it ! You can do it if you feel like it, dear reader 😊
Here are the bloggers I nominate to do this tag :
I hope you enjoyed this tag !
Tell me if you’d like me to do a series of my travels to Japan !
I have a lot of pictures from those 😉
Where have you travelled to ?
See ya ! 💛