This post is for all the sweet tooth autumn lovers : it’s the very well known Pumpkin Spice Latte !
I have to say that the first time that I heard about it, I was very curious about this “pumpkin spice” thing, and then very disappointed to find out there is no actual pumpkin in it. How does it make sense to call something by a fruit that is not even used to make the said thing ?
But anyways as I saw all the hype about it every year, I decided that I needed to try it !
So without further ado, here’s my take on it :
♥ The Ingredients :
For a single Mug :
- 250 ml (1 cup) of Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Puree (I like my Pumpkin Spice Latte to actually taste like pumpkin)
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar (I use stevia)
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Expresso (I didn’t add it because I don’t like coffee, but that’s the actual recipe)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Pumpkin Spice (in France we call it “Quatre Épices”)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Optional : a hint of Coconut Cream
♥ Before Starting :
If you can find a can of pumpkin puree as in the US it’s perfect, but if (like me) you live in a country where this doesn’t even exist, you can make your own pumpkin puree ! :
– Peel your Pumpkin, cut it in half, and take the seeds out with a spoon
– Cut the pumpkin into pieces
– Cook it until soft, and drain the water
– Use a blender to make puree out of it !
♥ The Recipe :
- In a small pan on low heat, add the milk, the pumpkin puree, and the sugar until warm
- Prepare and expresso if you’re going to make the traditional latte
- Turn off the heat, add the coffee, vanilla, & spices. Stir well.
- Put the latte into a mug, and cover with whipped cream, or as I did with some coconut cream (it is really delicious). Sprinkle some spices on top
And done !
Do you like Pumpkin Spice Lattes ? 🎃
See ya ! 🍂