Hey there !
More awards posts, as I’ve been nominated again for the Liebster Award, and for the Versatile Blogger Award. Tell me if you think these kind of posts are too boring ! Personally I see it as a way of getting to know us all better 😊 so let’s begin this :
First, the Liebster Award, thank you very much Orla for nominating me !
Here you can find her blog Fancy Paper.
The Rules :
- Answer the questions of the person who nominated you
- Nominate 10 people
- Ask them 10 questions
And now, her questions :
1. Can you empathize with a fictional character? Who and why ?
Oh I definitely can, I think that there actually isn’t any book or film/series where I don’t empathize with a character. I mean, I once cried because a horse died in a novel (I was 12). Maybe I’m too empathic and emotional in general ?
2. What Box Set would you chose if you could only have one for ever more?
I’m not sure what a box set is, and looking it up confused me even more… is it a box of films? music? books? All I can say, is that the only box I’ve ever bought was the Lord of The Rings trilogy, long version. I think I’ve seen it at least 20+ times.
3. What country is on your Bucket List and why ?
This is tough, there are so many countries that i’d like to visit (United States, Russia…) . But the next one is Greece, we’re going to celebrate my mother’s birthday there !
4. Jack Nicholson, Jeff Bridges, Liam Neeson : who would you leave in charge of the house and the pets ?
Oh well, I guess I’ll go with Jeff Bridges, to me he seems to like nice guy irl.
5. Name the film that changed your life- if one did.
Did a film change my life ? I’m not sure about it, but LOTR (again) definitely marked it, as it made the fantasy genre popular and “acceptable” in the eyes of my peers (middle school students are awfully judgemental).
6. What is your memory of the time of the tragic September when Princess Diana died (or alternatively) what were you up to 20 years ago this month ?
Well 20 years ago I was 5 years old, and I was living in Peru with my parents, so I swear I have nothing to do with this tragic event ! No but seriously, I probably didn’t hear much about and was minding my own toddler business.
7. Afternoon tea, nite club and shots or long hike with a protein bar : which is your go-to and why ?
Tea all the way, I hate clubs and while I enjoy hiking, I’d rather sip a nice cup with a blanket.
8. Which element of your personality has changed most since your youth ?
Definitely the way that I socialise. When I was young I was pretty much an extrovert, not afraid of anything or anyone. When we arrived in France (age 8), I started to become really shy and completely introvert with a huge social anxiety, I barely spoke or expressed myself even (especially) in bad situations. Then I had a “I need to express myself” phase (age 15) where I went full goth style, but still with bad communication skills. After that I calmed down (age 17) and social anxiety struck again, but I was not that introvert. And now well… I’m working on it, I manage to speak to people better I think. I manage to answer the phone, and I even talk to people at University. Little by little !
Me at age 8-9, with my lovely white kitty “Blanchette”
9. Please tell me three people you would have to have at the Ultimate Dinner Party- no limits !
No limits ? I think I’d like to have dinner with fun people. I’d choose Ryan Reynolds, Emma Watson, and the inventor of the whoopie cushion.
10. Finally, A Sweet Ending. Which dessert is the ultimate sweet to end all sweets? ( I am clearly watching too much Bake Off…)
I can’t answer that ! I mean, I love ANYTHING as long as it’s sweet. But I guess my favorites are cakes of any kind, birthday cakes, cupcakes, mini cakes…
Just anything that resembles these :
My Nominees :
- Don’t Give a Jam
- The Nelly Bean
- From Dream To Plan
- Stash Matters
- Siyana Online
- Life of Angela
- Southern Lights Atlanta Nights
- Sarcastic Bohemian
- Just Another Blog From A Woman
- The Style of Laura Jane
My 10 Questions for them :
- Do you do something special for Christmas, or do you celebrate it the traditional way ?
- Are you a Cat person or a Dog person ? (or maybe you’re a goldfish person ?)
- Can you wear heels all day ?
- Pretty basic, but which is you favorite color ?
- Which genre do you prefer, books and films included ? (fantasy, horror, comedy…)
- Who is your favorite blogger ?
- Which is the worst side of modern society, in your opinion ?
- How did you chose your blog name ?
- Which is your favorite blog post on your blog ?
- How much time do you generally spend on cooking ?
• ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ •
And now, the Versatile Blogger Award ! I was nominated by Claire, thank you so much for thinking of me for this. Her blog is right here : From Claire’s POV
The Rules :
- Thank the person who gave you this award. Include a link to their blog.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Tell 7 things about yourself.
♡ 7 things about myself :
1. I learned how to cook when I was 17 years old. I literally didn’t know how to make pasta before. Fortunately, that changed ! :
2. I’m a master procrastinator. I actually failed so many things because of this it’s ridiculous. No I’m not an adult yet.
3. Some people actually think that I’m half Asian or even full Asian. A girl once asked one of my friends if I was Chinese or something, I mean : how ? Maybe south american plus European looks Asian I guess ?
4. I actually had bangs when I was around 19 years old. I loved them and kind of want to have them back sometimes. But Victor HATES them. Meh, maybe one day !
19 year old me didn’t know how to smile on pictures, unfortunately.
5. I never know how to properly describe or talk about myself, which is a bit funny because it makes this exact kind of “things about me” posts reaaaally difficult to make !
6. I secretly love Japanese and Korean dramas, everything is just so unrealistic and overplayed that it’s actually very funny to watch !
7. I left my mother’s home when I was 19, the year after getting my High School degree. I lived in a really small room that fit the minimum living space mandatory, which in France is 9m². So there was a small shower next to a bed for 1, a table and a piece of furniture as a kitchen. There was no toilets in the room though, only a shared toilet into the building for everyone to use. Also : bed bugs, leaks, and 6th floor with no elevator. Living there was a whole adventure ! But I prefer it now, I live in a 20m² with an actual bathroom, which makes such a difference !
My Nominees :
- Ella May Garett
- The Pearly Life
- The Emma Edit
- The Cozy Den
- Fatty McCupcackes
- Dishing Up Chic
- Abbey Co.
- Mrs S. London
- Louise Austin Richards
- Little Mayfly Blog
- Travelling Shana
I hope you enjoyed reading a bit about myself !
I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers 💗
See ya ! 🍂