I’m officially 26 since last Saturday !
To celebrate, i’m doing a 26 things about me post, so you can get to know me better 🙂
Don’t hesitate to me ask anything you want in the comments !
I feel like 26 is kind of a milestone, it’s closer to 30 than 20, and (at least in France), it’s the age where most discounts don’t apply to you anymore.
I’m also introducing my new hair to you, nothing too fancy but I’ve done some highlights, what do you think about it ? :
So here we go, 26 things about me that you may or may not know :
1. I always wanted to learn how to play an instrument, but I was too lazy to learn music theory so I never did.
2. My favorite flower is the Japanese Chrysanthemum.
3. I dyed my hair in many different colors when I was younger : purple, bright red (like, Britney spears in Toxic red), black, ginger red… and now I’m trying some blonde highlights !
4. I’m a huge fan of Word of Warcraft. I started playing it when I was 14 (it was the vanilla version), meaning that it’s been 12 years that I play the game, with many pauses now and then of course.
5. My current favorite clothing brand is Monki, I love their original yet affordable pieces :
6. I don’t actually feel like I’m 26 years old, but maybe the fact that my boyfriend is 4 years younger than me doesn’t help !
7. My dreams are always surreal, there’s always something weird going on but it never weirds me out while in the dream. For example, recently I dreamed that I had to work for a translation mafia (like a mafia that translates documents), and they found out that I didn’t like them so I hid in a mansion that had levitating floors, but then a huge snake/dragon attacked the mansion so I had to leave.
It always seems so real, and then I wake up and i’m like “what are you doing brain ?”
8. I cry when I read something sad in a book. I cry when I see something sad in a movie. Once I even cried when I read a sad dog story on Facebook. I just cry so easily, I never understood why I was so emotional about such small things.
9. My middle name is Mégane, whenever I tell people they either say that it fits me really well, or not at all.
10. I always exclusively wore silver jewelry, I didn’t like gold at all. But now that i’m older I tend to prefer gold a lot more.
11. When I lived in Peru from 4 to 8 years old I had a nanny called Lydia, as my parents where always busy with the local French Alliance. She was so patient with the spoiled brat that I was, sorry Lydia !
12. I love mangas an anime, my favorites are : One Piece, Attack on Titan, Death Note, GTO, Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter X Hunter, Ao Haru Ride, Tokyo Ghoul …
13. I’m a picky eater. There are maaaany things that I don’t like : cooked carrots, beets, white asparagus, green beans, pork hot dogs, Fish (unless it’s specifically salmon in sushi), every sea food, the texture of mushrooms (but i’m fine with the taste) … and much more.
14. My name “Oriana” comes from hebrew, it means “Great Light”. It also means “Sunrise” in latin.
15. My dream job was being an illustrator or a graphic designer, but I never trusted my drawing skills nor my creativity enough to try going to an art school. Here are some of my drawings, if you’re curious :
16. Once I tried to steal ~100$ worth of fantasy jewelry in a store when I was a rebellious teen. I got caught, never did that again !
17. I have had 5 pets in my life : A Husky dog called Luzvel, a nameless chick, a white cat named Blanchette, a black & white rat named Lucifer, and a tabby cat named Suki.
18. I absolutely hate going to the dentist, I can get panic attacks when I need to cure a cavity. I can’t stand that kind of pain that vibrates trough your skeleton, it feels too weird and painful to me.
19. I used to be so conscious of what people would think if I wore what I really liked. Now I care a lot less, and wear things even if they might be considered weird. It’s much more relaxing that way !
20. With my brother and sister, we were all born in June : the 10th, 16th, and 26th. So we all wait till the end of the month to celebrate all birthdays in one big party !
21. My favorite liquid lipstick brand is Lime Crime, the colors are pigmented and they hold well :
22. In France if you’re under 26, you can go visit freely every national museum. That’s why last year, I started visiting many of them before my 26th birthday ! I might make a post about the Louvre to show you how beautiful it was.
23. As soon as we move out of our dwarf sized flat, we’re definitely getting a kitty. I can’t wait !
24. Two years ago, I gained 10 kg. I didn’t realize that I wasn’t eating well and I gained weight in a glimpse ! Fortunately I managed to loose them by changing my diet. I’ll do a “how I did it” post if you’re interested !
25. I broke my right hand a week before the exam to get my high school diploma, I had to pass it 3 months later. What a bad timing really.
26. I just can’t resist sugary foods, that’s why I don’t buy any so I’m not tempted ! I only eat them when I’m out of home.
And that’s it !
I’m not actually scared of getting older, but I kind of realized just now how fast it goes. I’ll just try to live my life being as happy as I can !
What are your thoughts about your own birthday ? 🙂