Christmas is the most joyful holiday ever !
I myself am a Christmas lover. As soon as the first of December arrives, I feel the need to listen to christmassy songs white eating candy canes and lighting up my gingerbread candle. Unfortunately, I’m not a coffee lover. I know, I’m a terrible Colombian, but I can’t help my tastebuds ! What I do love when I crave a hot beverage, is tea.
So if you’re a fellow tea lover, you might want to try out this homemade Gingerbread Tea Latte ! 🙂
✶ The Ingredients :
For a single Mug :
- 1 Mug of milk of choice
- 1 Teabag (or tea in a tea infuser)
- 2 Tablespoons of honey or molasses
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon of nutmeg
- A Pinch of ground cloves
- Sugar to taste
N.B. : In France, Gingerbread is traditionally made with honey, not molasses, so that’s what I’m using. But you’re free to use the ingredient that is most used in your country, so you can retrieve the taste of the gingerbread that you know !
✶ The Steps :
- Warm up the milk into a small pan on medium heat (it must not boil). Add the teabag/infuser, and let it infuse for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the honey/molasses and the spices into the pan, stir well and let it simmer for 2-3 more minutes on very low heat.
- Put the latte into a mug, and cover with whipped cream, or with some regular cream (it is really delicious). Sprinkle some more spices on top to make it extra pretty.
And done !
How do you like this Gingerbread Tea Latte recipe ?
Don’t hesitate to ask me in the comments if you have any questions ! 🙂
✶ Shop Christmas Mugs :
✶ Want more Christmas related posts ? :
Leave a Reply